Tuesday, June 19, 2007

NECC

Well I am headed to Atlanta for the conference next week( I actually leave on Saturday). I am looking forward to visiting Atlanta and spending some free time there as well. I know there is an opening reception at the Aquarium that I wanted to see in my free time and I also want to visit the Coca Cola factory. This is my second time going to NECC, the first time was in Philadelphia so I am trying to learn as much as I can about whats new in technology and waht my fellow colleagues are teaching/integrating in their classrooms. I am looking forward to learning more about Web 2.0 tools and integrating them in the classrooms. Creating this Blog was my first forray into utilizing this piece of technology (well not really my first, I visited other Bloggers such as http://davidwarlick.com/2cents/ and http://www.teach42.com/ to at least read a few blogs first). I am also interested in learning more about utilizing ipods, handhelds, Flickr and Wikis. Some resources for Photoshop and what to do with K-2 in the computer lab wouldn't hurt either. But hey who is kidding who 3 days out of the classroom, a free trip to the aquarium and maybe a qucik visit to the Coca Cola factory wouldn hurt either.

Well I think will do for my first post, dont know who will read it but will see. Oh one more this I saw this great you tube video on Steve Dembo's blog about what teachers make so I thought I would repost the video here:


Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Cathy Jo Nelson said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I did enjoy the video--though the language was harsh on the ears!! It does cause the wheels in my mind to turn.